5.26.2012

Potato Festival

On May 19th, we went to the Potato Festival in Bunnell, Florida.  I am not sure why I didn't blog about it already.  Last week was just a bad blogging week for me. 
We just live a town over so it only takes us a few minutes to get there.  We got there after the parade because we were running late.  Lucky for me - I had not mentioned it to Taft so he was not upset.

The Potato Festival is to honor of the city's/county's agricultural roots and potatoes were a very big deal here at one time.
They had bouncy houses that were free, and believe it or not, they weren't very busy.  Taft got in but he doesn't really do the jumping thing.  He just sits there and lets the kids around him jump and bounce him around.  Maybe he is lazy and just lets them do the work.
We also walked around and checked out all the vendors.  Lots of arts and crafts people.  Almost all of them had jewelry.  Taft got two little bracelets for a dollar.  One is just colored beads and the other has little footballs on it too.  He really likes them.  I got a very cute pair of earrings.  They are made of wire and little pieces of what looks like sea glass.  I thought that they were cute but I rarely buy things like that when we are out.  Shane asked how much they were and I was floored.  $3.00.  I had to have them.  I just wish that I had taken a photo of them.
They also had a little animal area and Taft got to feed the little goats.  Food was just a quarter.


There was also a pony ride.  And of course Taft wanted to do it.  So Shane walked with him.  Taft said that the little horsey was "so cute".  He tends to say that about a lot of things right now.

They also had food vendors with hot dogs and BBQ, but there weren't a lot of places to sit.  And Taft does not like to sit on the ground especially in the grass.  We decided to just go and eat somewhere else.  Taft loves Woody's BBQ so we went there.
They also have potato related activities.  We just aren't old enough for those yet.  They have a mashed potato eating contest, mashed potato sculpting contest, sack and relay races, and of course, a potato cooking contest.  Maybe next year.

Remember that the Memorial Day Link Up is still going and closes on Monday night at midnight. 

2 comments:

  1. This was only a couple of hours from us! We are new to Florida, so we're still finding our way around. Looks like fun! :)

    - Nicole @ Me + the Moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw what a great day you guys had and I love that he looks so proud and happy sitting on that pony lol x x


    P.S did you ever get the Easter stuff I sent ?

    ReplyDelete

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!