5.29.2012

Spaghetti

I love spaghetti.  My dad has made it for years and everyone that eats it, loves it.  I even remember picking it for my birthday dinner once when I was in high school.  My girl friends came over and had spaghetti and cake.  Mine isn't exactly like his, but it is pretty good.

You need:
2 pounds of ground beef, browned and drained
8 ounces of fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
2 chopped bell peppers
2 28 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
6 ounce can of tomato paste
1 cup of water
salt
pepper
Olive oil
2 packages of McCormick brand Thick and Zesty Spaghetti Sauce Mix


In a large sauce pain, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the chopped onion, peppers, and the sliced mushrooms.  Saute over medium heat.  While the onions and mushrooms are cooking, I start the meat.  Just brown and scramble, salt and pepper to taste, and drain the oil.
Once the onions are clear, add one cup of water, the caned tomatoes (with juice), tomato paste, and sauce mix.  Add the drained meat.  Stir well, cover and let simmer.  It really is better the longer it simmers.  We let our cook at least one and half hours.
Serve over pasta.

Today I am linking up with Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays at Blessed With Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!