8.21.2011

Crayon Wreath


Yes - this is yet another Pinterest inspired creation.  I saw these and just loved them.  What better time of the year to use crayons than Back to School.  I got packs of 24 for 40 cents each and it only took 2 1/2 boxes.

You need:
A wooden 12 in floral/craft ring (I got mine at Michaels for $1.99)
3 24 packs of crayons
Hot glue gun
Hot glue
Ribbon
Embellishments if wanted
Paint if wanted

Start by painting the wooden craft ring.  I used spray paint in red.  After putting the crayons on you can barely see the ring, so it is not totally needed.

Start to hot glue the crayons on.  It is very important that you let the crayons touch on their bottoms but spread apart on the top.  It is the only way that they will make a circle.  I did one crayon at a time and alternated the colors.

Once the crayons are on, place the ribbon where you would like it and tie a bow.  If you are adding an embellishment, just hot glue it on.  I got the wooden apple and little bus at Michaels also.  It was less than a dollar for both.
Taft helped open the crayons and pick the colors.  He also picked the yellow ribbon.  I asked him if he wanted to take it to his teacher tomorrow, but he said he wants to keep it at home.

2 comments:

  1. This is SO cute!!! I'm totally stealing this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out cute! I saw that on Pinterest, too! What a fun teacher gift! :o)

    ReplyDelete

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!