8.22.2011

{1st Day of School}: Preschool That Is

Today is the official first day of Preschool and the first day for Big Kid school in our county also.  Taft finished up Toddler II in July and "moved" up in classes.  He has spent the summer in the Preschool classroom, but we all know that summer is a little less structured.  We are thrilled to have Ms. Erin back at his school and I love to hear Taft say, "Ms. Ewin".
She is also going to make keeping up with his artwork easier because she dates everything that they do.  I plan to start the Art Binders and work on them this week.
So - I have thought about school traditions and things that I would like to do with Taft as he gets older but I never really thought about it including Preschool.  But, I have read so many blogs lately about moms that started the traditions in Preschool and thought that I would pick a few to start off with.
I got this idea off Pinterest.  Big surprise there.  ;0  I am just not sure which one I like the best to be the official photo.  If you have a favorite, please let me know.  Just leave a comment.

I also plan to use Monthly Calendar printables in his scrapbook.  I found these by Kerry Lynn Yeary here.  I plan to print on craft colored cardstock and write in a fact from each day.  Even if it is just what they had on the menu that day at school.  The binders that she made are adorable and would be a great idea for someone that doesn't do a traditional scrapbook too.

Taft had a GREAT day!  We have always called Sunshine Academy his school.  I told him all weekend that he was starting to Preschool today.  On the way out he said, "This my PeeSchool."  I love that boy.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the calendar idea! Maybe I can start something like this! Are you putting his artwork in it, too? I want to figure out a way to keep Hallie's "stuff"...but I'm getting to the point where I just want to throw it away! Yikes! But a binder sounds like such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the calendar idea too. I am using it in his regular scrapbook which is a 12 x 12 but I will put the calendar in an 8 x 10 page protector at the begining of each month.
    The Art Binder does sound like a good idea and it seems to work for a lot of people. Most of Taft's artwork is odd sized and shaped. I think that I am going to get another 12 x 12 album and use it for art.

    ReplyDelete

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!