1.07.2011

January

Did you know that each month has it's own fruit and vegetable of the month?  Well, they do.  Apparently - it changes from year to year.  I guess in an attempt to give all the fruits and veges out there a chance to have their fifteen minutes of fame. You see the list for 2011 here.
I have decided that I am going to do my best to help these poor fruits and veges out and make an effort to eat more of them in their month to shine.  January's vege of the month is tubers.  Tubers are root vegetables.  I was happy to see this today (when I made the discovery of monthly fruits and veges) since on the 1st of the month we made yucca.  The recipe can be found here.
Stay tuned for more posts to recognise our fruity and vege friends this year.  If you join in I would love to see your recipes and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!