And no, it doesn't look like that here. It is still green grass, palm trees, and sand. But a girl can wish. I even had to alter a free stock photo to have changing leaves.
Sunday was the first day of Fall. We still have very warm weather and people are still going to the beach and swimming, wearing shorts and tank tops, and of course, flip flops. Not very Fall-like.
But I do have some things that I want to get done this season. A few will be easy, others will have to be made into habit, and some take ongoing commitment.
1) Take a walk daily. This is something that I really enjoyed in the Spring. I would love to say, "Take a run daily", but let's face it, I only run if being chased. And yes, I know that I need to work on that. Summer here is very hot and I prefer climate control in the comfort of my house so I will give it good Fall try.
2) Plan our October. October seems to the gateway month to craziness for us. We have a lot coming up with Pumpkin Farms, Festivals, Trunk or Treat, and so forth. It is also fall semester at church and all of us have different classed to take. It is just nice to get them on the calendar and have an attack plan.
3) Catch up on and post some Project Life. I promise that I have been working on this project. Really, I have. But I have stayed behind and I am determined to get caught up. If I am not caught up by January 1, I will start a new year and still have to play catch up. I don't want it get out of control. I have found that my main problem is that I over think too much. I want it to be perfect, not just finished. But the main goal of Project Life is to get things done in a simple way and document the things that matter. I am working on a better plan to accomplish this in the coming year.
4) Plan and complete Week In The Life with Ali Edwards. I have loved stalking her over the years when she does this project and I truly see the appeal. Years from now we will forget what our daily routine was at different stages of our life and I think that it will be great to look back at one day when I am sitting in the nursing home. I also realize that I would love to be able to look back at something like this from my childhood and I hope that Taft would like too also. Be sure to check out Ali's post here. And yes - I know that Ali's week has passed but I am sure that it will be ok if I pick another.
5) Plan my December Daily. I had already decided on a plan for making this easier this year. It can be simple and still serve the purpose. I had planned on doing a small Sn@p! brand album with simple 4x6 and 3x4 photos. It seems that the official sponsor, Studio Calico, had the same idea. I love Studio Calico and I do subscribe to the Project Life Monthly Kit. But I am sure that my Christmas album doesn't need to cost $99 just for the base. Photos still have to be taken and printed and I am not willing to put that kind of money into it.
6) Participate in 31 Days hosted by The Nester. I have my topic and I am working on posts and a schedule.
Do you have any specific intentions or plans for fall as a season?
Inspired by this post written by Elise Blaha Cripe.