11.26.2012

Homemade Banana Pudding

Photo uploaded from my iphone.

I remember having this as a child.  My mother and grandmother would always make it when we had a few bananas that were overly ripe.  So I decided to make it for Thanksgiving.
I am sharing the recipe that I use that I find to be pretty close to theirs.

6 to 8 bananas, sliced
1 box of vanilla wafers
3 eggs
4 cups of milk
3/4 cups of sugar
2 Tablespoons of butter
3 Tablespoons of cornstarch

Layer the vanilla wafers in the baking dish.  Arrange the sliced bananas on top of the wafers.  Set aside and prepare the pudding.  Blend butter, sugar, and eggs, then add the milk and mix thoroughly.  Bring to a boil in a double boiler and add cornstarch.  Keep stirring it until thickened.  Pour the cream in the baking dish to cover the bananas and wafers.  Continue to layer until their is no pudding remaining.  I like to put vanilla wafers on top.
Be sure to refrigerate.

1 comment:

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!