11.15.2011

What Is In The Works & Taft's Everyday

I can't believe that it is almost mid-November.  As usual, the month and the fall season has gotten ahead of me.  I think that when Halloween gets here, it is only a minute until the new year.  But here are the things that are going on around here with me...
I decided to have allergy testing.  If you know me in person, you know that I have terrible allergies.  I was allergy tested when I was around five years old.  That is almost 30 years ago and things change.  At that time, taking allergy shots was the best option.  And I did until I turned 18.  At that time, great allergy meds where starting to come out.  Allergra seemed to work as well as the shots and when Zyrtec came out I felt that it was a gift from God.  While it still works for me, with the occasional Benadryl backup, I seem to have new allergies.  Food allergies.
Food allergies scare me.  Over the last 10 years, I have had reactions to nuts, salads, honey, candy, and at times I can't pinpoint the reason.  So far, nothing that Benadryl and my inhaler can't fix, but I know that can change.  So - I made an appointment.  My appointment is for next Thursday.  Although - I am going to have to cancel.  I had to stop all allergy medicine for seven days.  Saturday was day three and I was unable to breath for sneezing and I couldn't even think about putting in contacts.  My eye condition makes things worse since I have to wear hard contacts.  Any eye irritation makes it impossible.  Now I need a new plan.
On a happier note, I have decided to do December Daily again.  I missed out last year and I can't wait to get started this year.  For more information on the project itself, you can click here to visit the blog of Ali Edwards.  I have decided on an approach for this year and I bought the 8x10 overlays.  They are on sale for less than $5 this week.  I just printed them and I can't be happier.  I hope that by next weekend, I will have the album together and I will share it here.  I still have a few things to workout.
One of my goals for next year is to get caught up on some scrapbooking.  I starting Taft's baby book at full force ever before he was born.  I got it almost finished before he turned 1 and then I kinda stopped.  I have to rethink it.  I did a full page on things like his PJ's and Jumperoo.  While I love looking back at them, I know that I just don't have the time to do that and he would end up leaving the house with about 100 books by the time he moves out.
So - I plan on doing Project Life.  You can read more about that here, on the blog of Becky Higgins.  This allows you to document all those little, normal, everyday things.  Then I will do layouts on the major things for Taft's book.  The Project Life books will be Family Scrapbooks.
Even though I have taken photos of all Taft's Christmas Tree ornaments each year, they have failed to end up in an albums.  That will change.  I am not saying that it will be done this holiday season, but it will be finished and in a permanent album by next year.  Just something to work on next year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now - on to Taft.
Today Taft is home sick.  He has had a fever of 102 on and off and a terrible cough.  Yesterday at lunch he got sent home from school and Shane was able to say with him a few hours to let me get some things finished up at work.  I am home with him today.  I made him an appointment at the doctor for today in case we needed it and we do.  During the night his cough started to sound really wet.  I am worried that he is pneumonia again.  We will find out after lunch.
Here are a few of Taft's favorite things right now:
Lollipops.  He prefers Dum-Dum's and would eat them all day if we let him.

Bigfoot.  Not the poor creature himself, but the movie.  We have watched it a lot.

To my dismay, Sponge Bob.  Shane let him watch it one day and he is pretty hooked. 

Taft's behavior at school has been less than desirable.  He has been hitting and spitting for no reason that any of us can find.  On Friday, he spit in Miss Erin's face and she spit back at him.  I am so glad that she did that.  She was afraid that she would get in trouble with me but I think that is the best way to let him know how nasty it is.  He has not spit since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!