8.05.2011

{Book Club Friday}: A Bend in the Road

Today is Book Club Friday at Blonde, Undercover Blonde.  This week I am reviewing a book that I read a few years ago since I can't seem to finish the book I am currently reading. 
A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks.  I have to start by saying that Nicholas Sparks has never let me down.  Here is a little book discription from the author's website:
Miles Ryan's life seemed to end the day his wife was killed in a hit-and-run accident two years ago. Missy had been his first love, and Miles fervently believes she will be his last. As a deputy in the North Carolina town of New Bern, Miles Ryan not only grieves for Missy, but also longs to bring the unknown driver to justice. Then Miles meets Sarah Andrews. The second grade teacher of his son, Jonah, Sarah had left Baltimore after a difficult divorce to start over in the gentler surroundings of New Bern. Perhaps it's her own emotional wounds that make her sensitive to the hurt she first sees in Jonah's eyes, and then his father's.
Tentatively, Sarah and Miles reach out to each other. Soon they are both laughing for the first time in years . . . and falling in love. Neither will be able to guess how closely linked they are to a shocking secret -- one that will force them to question everything they ever believed in . . . and make a heartbreaking choice that will change their lives forever.
In A Bend in the Road, Nicholas Sparks writes with a luminous intensity about life's bitter turns and incomparable sweetness. His affirming message carries a powerful lesson about the imperfections of being human, the mistakes we all make, and the joy that comes when we give ourselves to love.

I loved this book!  It was one that I could not put down and had to finish as soon as possible.  Have you read it?  Do you know of some Nicholas Sparks book's that are must reads?
Head on over to Blonde, Undercover Blonde and link up what you are reading and get some GREAT suggestions on what to buy next.

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Nicolas Sparks!! :) I may have to download this book soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite Nicolas Sparks books! Thanks for sharing. : ]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm going to ask...is this one a tearjerker? Haha, I'm always scared to read books by him, in case I turn into a blubbering mess!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather - it is. ;0 I think that all his books are at some point. It is worth a little cry though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Nicholas Sparks. I currently have four books of his on my nightstand to read and this is one. I have had it forever and am now finally getting back into reading. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got great points there, that's why I always visit your blog, it looks like you are an expert in this field. keep up the good work, My friend recommends your site.

    My blog:
    rachat de credit rachatdecredit.net

    ReplyDelete

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!