1.01.2011

RECIPE # 13 - YUCCA

Let me guess....the first question is "What is yucca?".  I asked the same thing.  It is a root vegetable similar to a potato.  It seems to be very popular with Hispanic and Cuban culture.  You can buy it fresh but we decided to buy ours frozen, the GOYA brand.

We placed the frozen yucca in water and boiled for about 30 minutes until tender with a fork.  We drained it and placed it in a casserole dish.  Then comes the yummy part.  There were a few recipes online but I really did mine by taste, since a friend made it last week and I knew what it was supposed to taste like.

In a sauce pan, I mixed sliced onion, sliced green olives, jarred roasted red bell peppers, a few tablespoons of vinegar, the juice of a lime, and about a cup of olive oil.  I let it cook until the onions were tender and then poured it over the yucca.  I then covered that in foil and placed in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  I took it out and stirred it around about half way through.  It was really good with pork!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!