12.04.2009

Show Us Your Life - Christmas Trees

It's Friday again, and Kelly's Kornor is doing another blog hop today. Today's theme is Christmas tree's. Be sure to check it out to hop around and see lots of different tree ideas. How perfect! I was thinking that it would also be the theme of my December Daily for today so it works out great!
Last year, I put up two full size trees but I decided it was a little much with a crazy, busy, 18 month old in the house. One of those trees was in the formal living area that we never use and we have it gated off from Taft at the moment also. No need for a tree there.
Here is our family room tree. It is a 9 foot skinny tree and I love it! It looks nice and doesn't take up a lot of room.We collect ornaments from traveling and they are some of my favorites. Like a mini Carmel Mission from our trip to California.And an alpaca from the Alpaca Farm on the San Juan Islands in Washington State.
I love my little mini pre-lit trees in the kitchen breakfast area. I got them a few years ago at Big Lots and the set of 3 was $19. I couldn't pass that up.
Mini trees on the fridge with some of the reindeer collection that I have started. My sis-in-law collects snowmen and my sister collects nutcrackers. At least we are all different.The bar tree.
Taft's little tree with all his many ornaments from his first Christmas. He got more ornaments than I could imagine from friends and family last year. We plan on adding to the collection even more this year. I also plan on checking the Hobby Lobby 75% off after Christmas tree sale to get him a bigger nicer tree for next year. He will need it!
My poor husband also has a tree like Taft's that goes in his manroom. It has ornaments that are all sports and fishing related. I have yet to get that tree up. Maybe today while Taft is taking a nap would be a good time.
Can't wait to see every ones trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!