4.03.2009

10 Months Old

Taft was 10 months old yesterday. I really can't believe how fast he is growing. He is still doing his version of a crawl, which the doctor calls the army crawl. He still just has his two bottom teeth but I think that we can see the little top ones getting ready to come in. On our scale he is a little over 22 pounds. He is pulling up on things and thinks that he can do anything! He really pays attention to cartoons and likes to look at books and magazines (just make sure that you have read the mag before he gets it =) ).
I have been trying to get him to eat for awhile now and have finally realized the problem. My mother told me that maybe I was never letting him get hungry. I started to think about it and found that all day I give him snacks and offer him juice or formula. He never ate alot at a time but he ate throughout the day. I have stopped doing that and now he eats three full Stage 3 meals a day, with some snacks in the afternoon, and still plenty of juice and formula. He never wanted all of his babyfood because he just wasn't hungry. Now he has he favorites and he still really picky. He loves the Broccoli, Carrot, and Cheese meal. He would eat it 3 times a day if I let him. (Sometimes we do eat it twice). He likes bananas, pears, and oatmeal. And at times he will eat the spaghetti. We are working on branching out. I have also started to let him taste the big people food. He is still not too interested but I'm sure that it will come soon.
We have lots of plans for Easter coming up this week and I can't wait to get them all posted as they happen. We are also going away for Easter with some friends. We will be in the Bahama's for his first Easter sunrise and visit from the Easter Bunny. My sister said that the Easter Bunny doesn't visit you in international waters so it is a good thing that we will be docked that night!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe he will be ONE in two short months! My goodness! Ya know, I wonder if I was ever letting Hallie get hungry when she was a baby...b/c she wouldn't eat much either. Hmm. I guess that's neither here nor there now, huh?! :o) I'm glad he's doing better, though! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!