7.02.2013

Summer Field Trips | Ponce de Leon's Fountain of Youth

 Taft has had a great time at Summer Camp this year.  Since they have a program at the preschool were he has been forever, we decided to leave him there for the first part of summer.
He has loved every minute of it.  Especially getting to go on field trips.  (Mostly because he gets to ride the bus.)  One of their trips was to the Ponce de Leon's Fountain of Youth in St. Augustine. 
When I asked him what he saw and learned, here is what I got:
"We saw peacocks.  We even saw peacock poop!"
I am glad that it was money well spent.  Of course when we picked him up at school, we went to eat dinner.  I asked him if he drank the water.  He said yes, so I responded with, "You know what that means?  You will be five forever."  Then he started to cry.  When he realized that I was kidding, he picked up his butter knife and growled.  I don't think he found me funny.


************************************************************
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things. 
 - Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!