1.20.2012

{Book Club Friday}: The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

It is Book Club Friday again and I am linking up with Blonde, Undercover Blonde. This link up is every Friday and you can review any book that you like. So - head on over and find some great books to add to your list.
Today I am reviewing The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.
Here is the description from Amazon:
A tiny girl is abandoned on a ship headed for Australia in 1913. She arrives completely alone with nothing but a small suitcase containing a few clothes and a single book—a beautiful volume of fairy tales. She is taken in by the dockmaster and his wife and raised as their own. On her twenty-fi rst birthday, they tell her the truth, and with her sense of self shattered and very little to go on, "Nell" sets out to trace her real identity. Her quest leads her to Blackhurst Manor on the Cornish coast and the secrets of the doomed Mountrachet family. But it is not until her granddaughter, Cassandra, takes up the search after Nell’s death that all the pieces of the puzzle are assembled. A spellbinding tale of mystery and self-discovery, The Forgotten Garden will take hold of your imagination and never let go.


I really loved this book.  So far I have loved the two books I have read by Kate Morton.  It was a romantic mystery within a historic novel.  I am a big fan of historic novels.  My only problem with these books are that they are SO LONG.  We are talking almost 600 pages.  They are worth the time in the end.
BOOK 5:12 FOR 2012
****Click here for more books that I have read and reviewed and here for my ever growing list of books to read in the future.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that one is intriguing! But you're right- 600 pages is really really long....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of her novels are long it seems. But they are so good.

      Delete
  2. i LOVED this book! i actually ended up buying it because it was so good. my favorite of kate morton's :)

    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved it. She really needs all the pages to get the story told. Have you read The House at Riverton? It is on my read soon list.

      Delete
  3. 600 pages...yikes. Haha! Could be good for a vacation read, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kind of reminds me of reading the Harry Potters. Very long but you just can't put it down.

      Delete
  4. This has been on my TBR read list for quite awhile now - it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to read it. I am still thinking about the characters in this book.

      Delete

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!