1.30.2012

11 Random Things/Questions

That's right.  I got tagged in the 11 Questions Blog game!  Thanks Lori at At Home on Brooklyn

Here are the rules:
Rules
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them
6. Tag 11 people

Here are 11 Random Things About Me:
  1. I have night terrors.  It is always the same dream.  My sleeping pills seem to help.
  2. I am the only person in my family with green eyes.  I hoped that Taft would have them but his are brown.
  3. I allergic to almost everything.  Including cats and dogs.  I have 3 cats and a dog that live in the house.  I like to live dangerously.
  4. We have a pool at our house.  In 2011, I got in the pool twice.  I am not a fan.
  5. My brother never called me by my name until we were in high school.  He called me sister.
  6. I collect milk glass.  I rarely do anything with it, but I love to buy it.
  7. I love history.  I like to visit historic places.  I love the smell of old buildings. I like to watch the History Channel.  I love historic novels.
  8. I have been an Elvis fan since I was a child.  The young skinny Elvis, not the old fat Elvis.
  9. I don't watch 30 minute sitcoms.  I did at one time, but now I am completely into the 1 hour series.
  10. I was VERY upset about All My Children ending.  I didn't watch it every year or all the time, but it was always there just waiting for me. 
  11. Since the great invention of TiVo, I have no patience for commercials.  I never watch a show during it's scheduled time because I can't fast forward.

Here are Lori's questions for me:
1. What is one book that everyone must read? I think that everyone should read Night by Elie Wiesel

2. Favorite name for a boy? Girl?  I like family names. Since my favorite boy's name was Taft, we used it.  ;)  If I were to have another little boy, I really like Asa.  For a girl - that is hard.  When I was pregnant we were going to name the baby Ella if it were a girl since that was my great-grandmother's name.  Over the past few years, everyone has named their daughter Ella and I would now not use it for that fact.  But - I like Mae Helen and Cora.

3. Favorite movie quote?  "After all, tomorrow is another day." - Scarlet O'Hara, Gone With The Wind.  That Scarlet, she taught us to procrastinate.

4. If you needed a rocking new outfit, which store would be your first stop?  I have not needed a rocking new outfit in years.  ;0  But if I did - I think that I would stop at Anthropology first.

5. What is one thing on your bucket list?  Take a tour of Pripyat.  Some of my many other things are on My Bucket List.  I add things all the time.

6. Favorite sports event/team?  I am not a big sports person.  I have to say that I like college footballs if I go in person.  I can't watch it on tv.

7. Where is your dream vacation destination?  Tuscany

8. What movie can you watch over and over and over?  There are many, but Sweet Home Alabama and Goonies both suck me in every time.

9. Favorite Word? Least Favorite?  I am going to keep this PG.  Favorite word - Hope, Least favorite - Never

10. Boots or Heels? Boots.

11. Other than your current profession, what profession would you most like to pursue.  If I had the talent - I would love to scrapbook for a living.  ;0


OK - Here are my questions for the people that I have tagged.
  1. If you could have only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  2. Who is your favorite fictional character (movie, book, or tv) and why?
  3. Has anyone ever given you a surprise party?  If so, what occasion?
  4. If you could have dinner with 5 people (dead or alive) who would it be?
  5. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you pick to play you?
  6. If you could go back in time, only as an observer, what time period/event would you pick?
  7. What was your favorite game to play as a child?
  8. Do you prefer color or French manicure?
  9. What is your favorite season and why?
  10. What is your most hated chore?
And here are the people that I am tagging.
  1. Kendra
  2. Alicia
  3. Chelsea
  4. Nafeasee
  5. Natalie
  6. Alexis
  7. Catie
  8. Shelli
  9. Shannon
  10. Victoria
  11. Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!