12.31.2011


We Have Lots of Plans!

That's right.  I have plans.  Don't laugh.  I am making resolutions out the, well, you know.  I know that I have to be realistic in that most of them will not make it to 2013, maybe not even to March, but by gosh, I am going to give it a try.  I even plan on doing a little update once a quarter to see what kind of progress I am making and what needs more work.  You can read about all the goals here.  I am sure that I will be adding a few things as January comes and goes.

First off - I will be doing Project Life this year and can't wait.  I have stalked admired other people's creativity with this project for way too long to not give in.  Plus - I think that it is a better way for me to document what we do on a daily basis.  A nice way to add all those little things that Taft says and does, instead of waiting to make a full 12x12 scrapbook page out of it.  It does not mean that I will not be doing "real" or "traditional" scrapbooking anymore.  I will.  Getting caught up is one of my goals too.  And I hope that I can do that while doing some sketch challenges.

I am also planning on doing One Little Word.  You can read more about that project here.  My word for the year is Grow and I plan to use it in every sense of the word.  More to come of that later.

A big challenge for me is to cook more.  We have a terrible habit of eating out or picking up pizza more than a couple times a week.  Not only is it expensive, it is not very good for us.  I am working on planning meals ahead and making things in advance.  I want to try at least 52 new recipes this year.  One per week, on average, is not that unattainable.  I would love to cook 5 out of 7 days.  Left overs will count.  And so will frozen meals.  ;0

I also want to read.  I REALLY want to read.  I love how being interested in a book makes me feel.  I love to picture the characters and places in my mind (it always seems better than the movie version).  It is hard to have time to read with Taft.  I am not a person that stays up hours after he goes to bed.  In fact, we go to bed together almost always.  But - it is on my list.  I am going for a goal of 12 books for the year.  Maybe I can make it.  Taft is 3 1/2 and old enough to start going to the library for the children's programs and to understand that he can check out books.  He loves books and it is something that we can do together.  We got a library card and we will both start enjoying free books.

Pinterest is killing me.  I "pin" so many things and never get around to making them.  I have so many great holiday pins and never made any of them.  It kinda makes you feel like a failure.  Like those people are just better than you are.  But - they're not.  I am sure that they have housekeepers, nannies, and stay at home.  Otherwise - they would never have the time.  At least that is what I am telling myself and I am sticking with it until I get to make some of these things.  Honestly - I plan on making as many as possible.  Recipes and crafts.  I know that I can't make all of them each season and have to save a few for the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!