SUYL - How Did You Tell Your Husband And Family That You Were Pregnant?

This weeks Show Us Your Life @ Kelly's Korner is all about how you told people that you were pregnant. 
Our story bittersweet one.  First of all, you must know that my father in law called me once a week to see if I were pregnant yet for over a year.  I had tried to get pregnant for years.  He got very sick with a AAA and had to be put in UAB in August of 2007.  He had surgery in August and never came home.  He passed away in September due to multiple complications.  Shane and I had just moved into a new house here in Florida and 500 miles away and had not seen each other very much since we had been traveling back and forth to Alabama (not at the same times) and working here also.
In October, I was able to go to CKU in Orlando.  If you are in the scrapbooking world, you know that it was a great convention with days of classes and product demos, and of course, crop time with friends.  I was so tired while we were there.  I never stayed up to the 12 midnight end of crop.  On Sunday, October 14th, we got home.  I didn't want to do anything but sleep.
I went to work on Monday and still felt horrible.  Then I looked at my calendar and thought I may have found the reason why.  I didn't want to tell Shane until I knew for sure.  I am sure that you can imagine why.  I stopped at Walgreens and got two tests.  I then came home and they were positive.  There was only one day in the month that we could have possibly gotten pregnant, and it was the day that Ken died.  I am sure that sending Taft here was his first item of business to take care of in heaven. 

We had had a running joke about Ken (my FIL), we said that he was very busy helping out the Auburn football team from heaven because they were having a great year.  I came out of the bathroom and told Shane that Ken had been very busy with a little surprise for us also.  A baby.  He was very happy and sad at the same time.   It is what his father wanted and it was happening without him here.  
We called Shane's mother and she was very happy.  The family needed something to look forward too.  We then called my parents, grandmother, and sister.  We called Shane's brother house and he was not at home but we got Teresa.  She was giddy and told Izzy and Evan while Shane called Scott's cell phone to tell him.  After that it was friend time.
Then, on June 2, 2008, Kenneth Taft Belton arrived.  It seemed only right that Taft have Pop's first name.  The name Taft is after my great uncle.  Shane's mother bought Taft a little Auburn outfit.  It says, "Pop's Little Tiger" on the front and Teresa suggested navy tiger paws on the booty.  It was perfect and we new he needed to wear it home from the hospital. 
And as I look around the house at this moment, there is no sign of life without him.


  1. Following your link from Kelly's Korner SYL! Normally I would say that is such a sweet story, but I guess in this case it is bittersweet. God works in such mysterious ways! War Eagle!!!!

  2. What's up colleagues, its fantastic article
    about teachinganhd fuply defined, keep it up all
    the time.

    Alsso visit my web page snipping tool


If you are reading us, let us know! Leave a comment to tell us so!